Welcome to Stanley Hupfeld Academy at Western Village, a charter school in the Oklahoma City Public School District. We are the ....
Stanley Hupfeld Academy @ Western Village
Stanley Hupfeld Academy @ Western Village Annual Goals 2016 - 2017
To focus on reading & mathematics curriculum and instructional strategies in a way that increases overall levels of student achievement resulting in upward movements of performance, so that 90% or more of all students in grades 3-5 score at or above standard (satisfactory or advanced levels) on the OCCT Math and Reading assessments.
- To design instructional programs, assessments, and interventions that focus on reading & math results, so that 100% of students at each grade level meet or exceed reading & math benchmarks as measured by performance on local assessments. (Focus on lowest performing subgroups including IEP students, Economically Disadvantaged and ELL students.)
- To design language curriculum and instruction across grades K-5 in a way that aligns with state C3 standards and sets high expectations for written compositions, so that 95% or more of students at all grade levels demonstrate writing proficiency by scoring at or above standard (satisfactory or advanced) on the writing benchmarks.
- Increase students’ scientific knowledge by 10% by providing Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education that is aligned with the state standards.
- Increase parental participation 10% by providing consistent, positive & encouraging activities and communication for the parents and families of SHA@WV students so that student achievement is improved in all areas by the end of the 2016-2017 school year.
- Increase school attendance 1% and minimize tardies 10% by providing consistent, positive & encouraging activities, incentives and communication for the parents and families of SHA@WV students so that student achievement is improved in all areas by the end of the 2016-2017 school year.
We uphold our mission by ensuring that Stanley Hupfeld Academy @ Western Village maintains compliance with all federal, state, and local laws pertaining to anti-discrimination, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Title IX, through complaint resolution, programming and outreach. SHA is in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws pertaining to affirmative action. We do not discriminate student enrollment or employment based on age, race, religion or sexual orientation.